[Dixielandjazz] More On Mickey Rooney

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Apr 7 11:34:29 PDT 2014

Comment on Mickey Roony’s obit which I posted here last night.

This from Nick Dragos, former Jazz DJ in Sacramento.

At least one kind of link to classic jazz: Rooney's "comeback" picture at M-G-M,
the 1951 B-grade flick, "The Strip",
featured one of the greatest lineups of Louis Armstrong & His All-Stars, with Hines,
Teagarden & Bigard, and that
movie gave us "A Kiss To Build A Dream On", even thought it was originally scheduled
to debut nearly twenty years
earlier in "A Night At The Opera" !!!!
Even stranger.....the actor in "The Strip" to truly debut "A Kiss o Build A Dream
On"?  William Demarest! Then, it's
sung by a hat-check girl {vocalist Kay Brown}.....Louis finally sings it late in
the movie.
Rooney also sits in on drums with The All-Stars......he was a talent, no question
about it!

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551
“As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.” ~ John Glenn