[Dixielandjazz] Shake it and Break it?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 30 02:45:59 PDT 2013

> IMHO the recording by Lanin's Southern Serenaders gives the clearest idea of the melody and structure of the song. A nice recording albeit accoustic and in the early mouldy style which I happen to like.

Dear Johnny,
Forgive my dear mate Tony (he's a banjo player), he forgot to provide sources for the Lanin's Southern Serenader's version.
Thanks to YouTube here they are:
The Embassy recording from 1 August 1921:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An-2DTNh-0g
and the Paramount release from the same month:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdpj5JeDMzM
As Tony said "Hope you enjoy playing it too."
Very kind regards,
Bill.