[Dixielandjazz] Lou-Easy-An-Ia

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 23 21:30:37 PDT 2013

Dick Baker wrote:
> I found that in the Bruyninckx discography (and I take great pride in the fact that I can spell it from memory without having to double-check!).  It's from the September 25, 1953, recording session by the George Lewis Quartet that was issued on Riverside RLP2512.

Dear Dick,
Mmmmm.
My 1987 edition of Bruyninckx also has that spelling - "Lou-easy-an-i-a-i".
(I hadn't checked that one.)
Then, for the next session (the Jazz Man one) it is spelt - "Lou-easy-an-i-ay".
When we know that the label has "Lou-Easy-An-I-A". In caps.

To your oft-repeated mantra:  Don't believe everything you read in books and ESPECIALLY everything you read on LP jackets and in CD booklet notes perhaps you can also include - and in published discographies.
<big grin> dear friend.
Very kind regards,
Bill.