[Dixielandjazz] Emilio Caceres

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 10:53:43 PDT 2013

I have just listened to an Emilio and Ernie Caceres Audiophile LP.
Wonderful!
For those who don't know: the violinist Emilio was Ernies elder brother.
According to the liner notes, his trio (the Caceres brothers with a
guitarist) made several records for Victor; after Emilio returned to San
Antonio, he continues recordin for Victor and Decca.
I looked him up in Dalauny's, but to no avail.  Dave Carey's and Albert
McCarthy's "Jazz Directory," however, gives four (undated) titles: "Runnin'
Wild," "Jig in G," "What's th Use" and "Who's Sorry Now," adding that "the
above musicians also appeared on numerous titles ... by Emilio Caceres and
His Orchestra" ... which "do not come within the scope of this work."
Are the above four titles currently available?  Has any of you heard any of
the other titles?  If so, what is your opinion?
Cheers