[Dixielandjazz] Le Petit Journal St. Michel in Paris, France

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:57:58 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I was going through old emails and saw a discussion on sitting in with musicians at trad jazz places in Paris France.

I thought I would include my experience in 2010 at Le Petit Journal St. Michel with the band Les Rois du Foxtrot.

I approached the guys outside on their break and began conversing with them in French.  I told them I was a singer from Canada and asked if I could sing a song with them; "After You've Gone" in F.  They said that they hadn't played it in a while and weren't sure how good it would sound.  I then replied that it was ok if I didn't perform.

Once they were back playing, they called me up and I sang the song. It was flawless.  This band is so good. If you are ever in Paris, do go and see them!

Unbeknownst to me, someone was recording the song and put it on YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP8KyZ8Jf18

Shameless plug!  I will be singing at the Glacier Jazz Stampede in Kalispell Montana the weekend of Oct. 4, 5th and 6th this year.
Barbara Jordan
Burlington, Ontario, Canada