[Dixielandjazz] Record Collectors: Seeking "Rough House Blues" original 78 labels

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sat Sep 7 19:37:15 PDT 2013

Rec. by
         Rosa Henderson on Vocalion 1038 - does it have a subtitle?

         Kitty Waters on Pathe 7351

         Louisiana Stompers (Fletcher Henderson) on Paramount 12550

Main question is the composer credit.  The copyright says Spencer
Williams, but we had Nelson Kincaid, and some online hits cite
Kincaid as well.  I found Kincaid in the copyright books several
times as an arranger, so I'm wondering if the credit on the records is

         Spencer Williams
or      Nelson Kincaid
or      Williams-Kincaid
or      possibly Williams composer, separate arranger credit for Kincaid

--Dick Baker
Working on an updated version of the Stomp Off Records Tune Titles
and Composers Index
See working draft at http://dickbaker.org/stompoff/index.pdf