[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Plug - Sacramento Area

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Mon Sep 2 20:46:22 PDT 2013

Thanks for that feedback, Don. I was all tied up with commitments to the
Western Swing Society (another swingin' jazz) for the weekend, so didn't
get to attend.

I'm so happy to hear it was successful, and hope that this year's
experiences will make next year even better. There are several mo/hotels
very near the Marriott, so with careful planning and jitney busses they
should be able to accommodate an even larger crowd.

I think there's still a Sacramento market for trad jazz, but the people
who plan and run the event have to like it, or they won't book it.
That's what happened to the former "jazz jubilee"; the younger
sophisticates taking it over have their own preferences. Sacramento's a
good music town, not for night life, but for special events.

I hope next year they'll include some trad groups besides the youth
groups. There are still a lot of us old timers who can tell it the way
it was without stumbling thru charts.

Whatever, I'm glad it worked, and hope I can be in it or attend next year.

Charlie Hull, K Street Ramblers Jazz Band