[Dixielandjazz] Posting a tune list on Google

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Thu Oct 31 15:27:12 PDT 2013

Hi, Bill

To make such a list available

(1) it must be inserted into an .htm file (webpage). The page must be
edited to provide key words and phrases a searcher might use in looking
for it. There's no limit on the quantity of words or phrases.

(2) the htm file must be uploaded to somebody's website to be available
on the Internet.

Except for preparing the list, it's pretty easy. .HTM files are pure
unformatted text prepared in webpage format. Once it's set up the tune
list can be copied and pasted into the .htm file, which can then be
"published" to the accommodating website. It can be added to any site
(with the site-owner's permission, of course) without affecting the site
at all, unless the host wants to add an access link to the site. Once
it's on the site, anyone can access the list on their browser by typing
in the address of the file; www.hostsite.com/tradlist.htm.

Alternatively, the list can be made into a .pdf file and uploaded, in
which case browsing to www.hostsite.com/tradlist.pdf would enable a
person to download the .pdf to their computer, save it and print it out.

Charlie Hull