[Dixielandjazz] Dixie World Connection at the 2012 OldJazzMeeting"GoldWashboard"

Daniel Barrett danpbarrett at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:22:41 PDT 2013

Hello, all--

The "mystery tune" is, You Can't Cheat a Cheater. I have a couple of versions; one by a band including Phil Napoleon ("Napoleon's Emperors"), and another with Tommy Dorsey playing trumpet (!). I think that band included Eddie Lang on guitar (It may even have been recorded under Lang's name as leader), but I'd have to go look it up.

It's similar to--but nonetheless different from-- Louis's Hot Seven tune, Two Deuces.
 I hope this information helps everyone get a good night's sleep tonight.

Best,
Dan Barrett
www.DanBarrettMusic.com