[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Glenn Miller - St. Louis Blues March

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sat Oct 26 21:12:40 PDT 2013

"Young Man with a Horn" was based on a novel by Dorothy Baker.  I've never read it, but it was supposedly loosely based on the life of Bix Beiderbecke. In the novel, like Bix, Rick Martin dies.  In the case of the book, it is his drive to perfection that kills him.  In Bix's case it was too much bad hooch.
Hal Vickery