[Dixielandjazz] Glenn Miller - St. Louis Blues March

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 20 19:19:58 PDT 2013

Stan Brager asked:
> Did Glenn Miller's A.A.F. Band ever record "St. Louis Blues March". If so, is it available anywhere?

Dear Stan,
The only version I know of was recorded at RCA Victor, New York for V-Disc on 29 October 1943.
It has been reissued on LP and CD numerous times over the years.
Here it is
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qf1zB5FPMg

Glenn Miller (band ldr) with Zeke Zarchy, Whitey Thomas, Jack Steele, Bobby Nichols, Steve Steck, Jack Reid, John Carisi (t) Jimmy Priddy, James Harwood, John Halliburton, Larry Hall, Russ Myers, Nat Peck, Harry DiVito, Kahn Keene (tb) Addison Collins (fhr) Hank Freeman, Gabe Galinas, Freddy Guerra (as) Jack Ferrier, Vinnie Carbone, Murray Wald, Peanuts Hucko, James Lynn Allison (ts) Chuck Gentry, Mannie Thaler (bar) George Ockner (concertmaster) + 18 strings Jack Russin (p) Carmen Mastren (g) Trigger Alpert, Joe Shulman (b) Ray McKinley, Frank Ippolito (d) Frank Caster (sb) Jerry Gray (arr,vln)

Very kind regards,
Bill.