[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 130, Issue 15

Les Elkins leslie.r.elkins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:08:07 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have the AFCTJS Bb (and I think Eb) charts, If you need them give me a
yell.

Note the tune was originally- I think- "Marijuana". Here's a clip from
"Murder at the Vanities" (also available as a pre-code collection on
Netflix, it's worth a rent):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCoj855Vdo8

I played for a long time in a band where the director had a transcription
of the dance band chart. He always introduced it as the "Marry Whoever You
Wanna" Tango....

-Les Elkins

Message: 2

--
"NEVER use a maj7 chord in any bar that is named after a deceased NASCAR
  driver, a large-calibre firearm, or an intoxicated farm animal."