[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento

vaxtrpts at aol.com vaxtrpts at aol.com
Fri Nov 15 12:26:31 PST 2013

 I had a great time in Sacramento last weekend.  The musicians I played with were wonderful and it was great to play with old friends like Bob Ringwald, Jim Maihack, Shelly
Denny, Lenny Pollachi, Vince Bartels, and Kristy Cocuzzi (Reed).  Also good to see John Cocuzzi again and have him do one of the clinics with me.  And also great to play with some new friends.  Much thanks go to Kristy for not only booking me for the Trad Jazz Society Monthly concert, but for setting up clinics for me with three different schools.  One of the greatest things about the weekend was that we actually got some of the kids from the clinics to come to the Trad Jazz Meeting for the first time ----- and some of them even played.  These kids had a great time and said that they would be back.
Hooray!!  More young people "into the fold."
Cudos should also be given to Bob Williams and the TNT youth band that played the first set.  They sounded great and I had the pleasure of playing one tune with them.
Nice turnout for the event and a very appreciative audience.
I must also give thanks to Ken McMurray and his wonderful lady Mary for their gracious hospitality and really good food!

Mike Vax
Friends of Big Band Jazz, Prescott Jazz Summit,
Stan Kenton Alumni Band
www.mikevax.net
www.bigbandjazz.net
www.prescottjazz.com