[Dixielandjazz] [Big Hole in] "They Died Before Forty" documentary

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 16 15:57:04 PDT 2013

>>>Guess there just wasn't room for Bix Beiderbecke.
>Jazz Museum Founder Howard Fischer Is Producing a Film About Jazz
>Greats Who Died
>Young
>...Fats Waller...Charlie Christian...Jimmy Blanton...Chick
>Webb...Herschel Evans...Chu Berry...and trumpeters Bunny
>Berigan...and Clifford Brown<<<

I thought the same thing.  But it specifically narrowed the focus down to musicians that are "largely forgotten" today.  Okay... Bix is well-remembered.  But depending on who you talk to, so is Fats, Charlie, and certainly Bunny.  Clearly, the eight chosen were personal favorites, and nothing more.

Sent from my cOmputer