[Dixielandjazz] Just one reason I won't be watching the new "Great Gatsby" movie

Steve Heist steveheist at videotron.ca
Thu May 9 07:24:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,
The cardinal rule in show business is to KNOW your audience.  Just like I
guaranteed years ago that Evita would be a flop - (Reason: People who like
musicals don't want to listen to Madonna sing and Madonna fans don't want to
watch a musical!) - I can also now guarantee the new "Great Gatsby" will
also flop!  Reason: People who love the old 20's era do NOT want to hear it
backed up by rap and hip hop music!  AND rap and hip hop fans don't really
want to watch an old 1920's classic...  Amazing how people who should be "in
the know", continually make VERY dumb decisions!
Steve