[Dixielandjazz] Byler medical update attached for jazz friends

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue May 7 07:51:00 PDT 2013

To:  Musicians and Jazzfans list’  DJML

From:  Norman Vickers, Jazz society of Pensacola

Here’s a note from Bob Byler—he’s recovered enough to dance, enjoy jazz and takes some photos.

Bob’s friends, I’m sure, will rejoice with him.  Bob’s e-mail is  <mailto:jazzbug2002 at yahoo.com> jazzbug2002 at yahoo.com  should you wish to communicate with him directly.

Bob Byler wrote:

.  Last Friday we danced three times to a favorite band; could only do most of one dance a couple weeks earlier.  I had three photos of  a jam at Tim Allan's house in Saturday's paper, sent some more from South County Jazz Club jam, will go again tonight.  So there is progress, gradually.   Do you know Tim Allan.  He's the Canadian guitar & banjo player & teacher who leads banjo band on JazzSea cruises in which I've played harmonica, seasonal resident of Venice for a decade or more, now bought the house across from us, will be here oftener.  We have had good neighbors here, and this continues that experience.  So, glad to work in good news among some bad.

                                                                                          --End--