[Dixielandjazz] Sitting in in Paris...

Jean Marc Ternois jeanm.ternois at gmail.com
Mon May 6 05:24:18 PDT 2013

Hello Larry,

for your information, there are two "Petit Journal" in Paris, the older one
located in Saint Michel Boulevard and the other located behind Montparnasse
Station. The older is traditional jazz-oriented. There is no "protocol" to
sit in, just ask the bandleader, some of them are very nice, others less
:o))

There is a new place in Paris (program is not yet published !). It's a kind
of "Brasserie" which is located very close to Montparnasse Station, 5
boulevard Vaugirard. It is named : the "Cosy Montparnasse" with music every
weekday evening at 7:30 PM.

We played here, my band and I, we had had two or three dates and it was
very pleasant. Next time for us is on June 18th.
I play also with the "Watergate Seven Plus One" at the Cosy on May the 16th
7:30PM.

My band is the "San Francisco Jazz Band from Paris", a band devoted to the
Turk Murphy's Music. You can see our dates on the website :

http://www.sanfranciscojazzbandfromparis.com

I hope you'll have good days in Paris.

Jean Marc Ternois
Trombone of the SFJB from Paris.