[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 125, Issue 5

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Mon May 6 14:52:34 PDT 2013

are there any problems taking a horn across borders? I've never tried with
a horn, but with a guitar I know friends who've been denied entry to the
United States from Canada because the border guards were afraid they may
use the guitar to make money in the US (he was only going to a friend's
wedding)

and related to that, we'd love to travel out to Winnipeg from southern
Ontario and take our whole band of instruments with us, and the shortest
(and more musically interesting*) path would be through Detroit and Chicago
(so it would also be a sort of pilgrimage*) -- does anyone know if there
are any special papers one can file to assure the border patrols that we're
just passing through and not vying for Doc Severinson's job?

*apologies to Wawa/Kenora residents or any actual pilgrims who may be
reading this ;)

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*