[Dixielandjazz] Stomp Off Records

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Tue Mar 19 15:52:15 PDT 2013

At 12:00 PM 3/19/2013, David Livingston wrote:
[in chain about Worlds Records' closing]

>Stomp Off Records is also gone or going. If you go to
>Stompoffrecords.com it has
>a message saying World Music is handling CD orders for Stomp Off. One of the
>other good web sites, Jazz By Mail, was run by Webster Records out
>of St. Louis,
>which closed in Jan. 2012.

Not gone or going, just not formally on the web.  Alas, Bob Erdos has
always been highly technophobic, so he was happy when Jazz By Mail
offered to create and host a Stomp Off site (stompoffrecords.com was
just a pointer to the Stomp Off section at Jazz My Mail).  When JBM
closed, Worlds created a Stomp Off section like the one JBM had run.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org