[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Forum Scholarship Fundraisers in Venice, CA

Earl Newton earlnewtons at aol.com
Fri Mar 15 11:49:25 PDT 2013

  At Jazz Forum in Southern California we have The Rosy McHargue Memorial Scholarship Fund and this marks our eighth year of hosting a fundraising musical tribute to
James Eugene "Rosy" McHargue born April 6, 1902 passed to spirit June 7, 1999. Rosy played his regular Saturday gig at The West End in Santa Monica, CA right up until the Saturday before he passed to spirit. We're starting this years fundraising efforts off at our meeting this Sunday March 17th at The Talking Stick Coffee Lounge 1411 Lincoln Blvd. Venice, Ca, 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Featuring JazzAmerica Trad Band, a group of Southern California young people under the direction of Richard Simon, playing some of Rosy's original arraignments and Rosy's west Enders (Jimmy Green's High-five Jazz Band) playing Rosy's book, admission is free, donations to the scholarship fund are requested and everyone is invited to join us. Food and refreshments are available, BYOB $8.00 corkage fee.

  We will continue our fundraising efforts at next months meeting on April 21st at the same time and same venue, Featuring Dan Levinson's Seven Sons of Rosy with Special Guests Molly Ryan and Ian Whitcomb and The Velvet Frogs Barbershop Quartet. Rosy loved four part harmony and used it in many of his arraignments. Again
admission is free, donations to The Rosy Mchargue Memorial Scholarship Fund are requested and tax deductible and everyone is invited to join us.

  On a different note, Jazz forum and Karen Beatton are co-hosting Molly Ryan's Southern California CD Release Party "Swing For Your Supper" on Saturday April 20th at The Arcadia Blues Club 16 E Huntington Dr. Arcadia, Ca, 1:00pm - 4:30pm The Titanic Jazz Band will also be appearing. Admission is $10.00 at the door and the doors open at noon, light lunch and a full bar are available and again everyone is invited to join us.  More Information

We'll be watching for you.
Earl Newton