[Dixielandjazz] Wonderful World

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Mar 10 16:17:51 PDT 2013

Tab Hunter -O.M.G. You forgot to mention
Clint Eastwood - "I Talk To The Trees."

I remember playing the Ed Sullivan show with
Eddie Fischer. The band changed key.. Eddie
didn't. That lasted till the end of the song.
Did you ever want to hide under the piano?

Someone told me that Eddie didn’t have any sense of time. Is that right? I never listened to him enough to notice.
Although I’ve been researching various versions of “When I leave The World Behind” as I just learned the lyrics. Eddie did a version and sang it beautifully.
Another instance.
I played for Dick Haymes in the sixties. He did
an act with his wife Fran Jeffries. She was a
knockout both in appearance and vocally.
When Dick sang I wanted to hide. Funny
that he went to England not much later and
recorded an Lp that was wonderful. Perhaps
one of his best.

Funny that when I was composing this email, after using Tab hunter’s name, I almost used Dick Haymes name.
--Bob Ringwald
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com