[Dixielandjazz] March 10, 2013: Pete Christlieb & Linda Small at Jazz Sunday - swingin'!

Kristy Reed saxyreed at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 03:51:45 PDT 2013

Ah, again your loss!  60+ or not, I'm excellent company . . .

Kristy Reed
saxyreed at hotmail.com

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:45:13 +0200
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] March 10, 2013: Pete Christlieb & Linda Small at Jazz Sunday - swingin'!
From: marekboym at gmail.com
To: saxyreed at hotmail.com
CC: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com

On 10 March 2013 12:24, Kristy Reed <saxyreed at hotmail.com> wrote:

Marek,

What you've spouted is indeed PERSONAL PREFERENCE!  Not at all aside!  Additionally, to say Pete Christlieb is "not jazz" tells me you aren't too informed as to what "jazz" is.

A matter of opinion.  The so called "cool jazz, avant garde, etc., are not, in my opinion, jazz. Jazz was a synonym for "hot;"  I don't believe in turning meanings  upside down.  I consider "modern," as appliet to art, any art, to have too many letters - it should have only four!

> Your loss.

Thqat's like saying "your loss that you don't like avocado, culliflower, etc.  I beg to disagree.

>Perhaps we can share that shot of vodka sometime - my preference as well.  But I certainly wouldn't want to sweep under the rug all the music I haven't learned to appreciate yet.

Yet?  You must not have read my email.  or deliberately chosen to ignore the grain and chaff part. I have some 60 years of listening behind me, and have wasted too much of my lfie on listening to the Miles Davises of this world.  Enough is enough, sometimes - much too much.  But then, de gustibus non disputandum est.

 Cheers