[Dixielandjazz] Louis and WAWW

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Tue Mar 5 04:00:10 PST 2013

according to the Wynton Marsalis PBS series 'Jazz', Armstrong could not
longer play the trumpet by this point and indeed what impressed everyone at
the time was how, despite being told by doctors he'd never play again, he
would release such a positive song.  Armstrong said in interviews that, for
him, it was about his neighbourhood in NYC.

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*