[Dixielandjazz] Charles Frazier & Charles Frazier

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 4 20:28:18 PST 2013

There was a query about the name Charles Frazier in a King Oliver personnel -
I found the reference below in an obit page

presumably not the man who played in a 1930s Dorsey band, when the only non-white players still had to be guests or specialties, regardless of what any musicians thought.

Charles Frazier
Saxophone, flute
Born: 1907
Died: September 3, 2002
>Phil Shaap (WKCR) reported on his radio show that saxophonist and flautist Charles Frazier had died. He was
said to be the last living musician who recorded with King OIiver.

>died September 3 at 95.

Robert