[Dixielandjazz] : Glenn Miller Band--query from Randy Fendrick

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Sat Jun 22 15:36:38 PDT 2013

The British trumpet player Kenny Baker was in an RAF band during the war. When Miller required a dep trumpeter, Baker was assigned to him. At the end of his tenure Kenny went to see Miller. He went into Miller's office and said 'I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful experience of playing with the band,'
'Stand to attention when you speak to me!' shouted Miller.

Steve Voce

Sent from my iPad