[Dixielandjazz] "OKOM gets kids interested in OKOM"

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 16:10:25 PDT 2013

Absolutely correct Marek:

we were invited back for the second Year in a row to perform for an all Boys school Graduation in San Francisco last week

300 boys from 1st to 8th grade were fascinated with the music some danced along in the parade, and clapped their hands

and sang along on a couple tunes they had requested we play  !.  "I can't get no Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones" which sounds pretty cool as a Brass Band tune by the way.

And then of course Saints which yes they all knew.   a little 9:00 am hit for about a 1/2 hour and out and on to play a New Orleans Funeral  two hours later.  Nice payday for the boys and home by 2:00 pm

Already have it on the calendar again for next year.

Gotta take it to them:

But I have preached that sermon here for years. :))
As have others who left when nobody wanted to hear it again :)

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
and da boys in da band