[Dixielandjazz] gigs

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sun Jun 2 10:47:02 PDT 2013

Well said Pat:   Gigs are where you find them or Make them, that big ole yellow Union Gig Bus broke down decades ago and ain't coming by anybody's house to get them and take 'em to a paid gig with free Beer, Food and Wimmin'...

There is always good work for GOOD  non clunker bands if they will go knock on some doors and get it.

And there are lots of punters out there looking just as hard to find some Live Jazz, where ever you get a gig it needs to be promoted and publicized, by the venue and the band to attract the punters,  if they don;t know you are there they ain't coming to hear ya.  And you need to start the publicity about two months in advance if possible because people have many choices and other life obligations to attend to and are not generally available to run out and hear you with a one or two day notice.

But heck we have said all this on this list  many times before and very few pay any attention to it, but Those that do are working a lot more than those who don't do it.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins