[Dixielandjazz] Is "elegant" a musical term?

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Tue Jul 16 19:33:02 PDT 2013

So 'elegant' would not apply to Bach?  Mind you, modulation,
counterpoint and cadence solutions are not so very far removed from
calculus proofs.  When I hear a good solo that makes me smile with
it's efficient cleverness to solve some thematic tangle woven by the
unfolding work, I might say that their solution too was 'elegant'

--
Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca
eso: EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca