[Dixielandjazz] Sitting Down

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Jul 9 15:57:24 PDT 2013

A couple days ago I made a comment here on the List that the front line sitting down were lazy bums and that I could play for 3, 4 or even 5 hours and not get tired.

I thought I might now let anyone who didn’t know, I play piano and always sit down. My comment was meant to be funny.

BTW- I was in the house band for the 7th night each week at a place that had traveling bands the other 6-nights. One group that came through had a pianist who stood up. The piano was raised up on a platform and a device linking the sustain peddle to a slanted board on the floor. So, every once in a while I did have to play standing.

I used to play all banjo gigs standing up. But banjos are heavy and now I usually sit down, unless it is a strolling gig.

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551