[Dixielandjazz] OKOM And Its Place In 2013

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Jul 7 16:19:11 PDT 2013

Mike Vax wrote:

And I must agree with Bob Ringwald when he states that Jim Kashishian has no "handle"
on what is happening in the United States.

I really didn’t mean to say exactly that. I was just needling my ol’ buddy over there in Madrid a bit.

Jim knows the situation over here and really wasn’t bragging. just stating what he is able to do over there.

It can’t be done here. Jim Cullum’s band was the last hold out. Jim did a wonderful job of keeping OKOM going for many years.

The nightclub situation for Jazz, Our Kind of Jazz has not been there for many years. Even Turk Murphy stated that if he had to rely on Jazz fans to keep Earthquake Magoons open, he’d go broke.

-Bob Ringwald

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV