[Dixielandjazz] Chicken Walk (was Flirting With The Audience, now "museum music")

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 7 15:53:19 PDT 2013

McGinnis Joan wrote:
> It might be this one from Daniel Griffin:
> http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.php?artistID=8708&mediaID=181481
> However there is also one from Hasil Adkins and hopefully it is NOT that one!
> There are others as well, but Daniel Griffin's is cute!

Dear Joán,
I think you may be right.
I recall, with surprise, seeing people dancing around flapping their arms and hopping at non-jazz functions and on TV years ago.
Thankfully, no one has asked our band to play it.
8>)
Here is the Irving Berlin version from the Broadway revue the 'Century Girl' composed in 1916.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Kv8MllHN4
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAbOCm_qLo
Very kind regards,
Bill.