[Dixielandjazz] Irving Garner

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sun Jul 7 14:46:50 PDT 2013

Reality will set in when they start looking for it.  I just searched
again, and the only two copies (used, of course) I could find were at
musicstack.com for $56 and $66.  I can't imagine that more than a
handful were sold when it came out because (a) Paul Smith's name
wasn't on the LP at all, and obviously nobody would recognize the
name Irving Garner, and (b) for that matter, very few people outside
the jazz community would have known the name Paul Smith.

As a reminder, curious DJML'ers can get "The Best of Irving Garner"
at http://dickbaker.org/smith-garner/ for the time being.

I saw Paul Smith once in person (in the 1980s, I think, possibly
'90s) when he accompanied Steve Allen in an appearance in the D.C. area.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org