[Dixielandjazz] FW: Flirting With The Audience, now "museum music"

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Sun Jul 7 08:37:34 PDT 2013

Playing at the Downtown business association's annual Hottest Yard Sale a
young-ish man of about 35 stepped up between sets with a very peculiar
request: he wondered if we knew "Chicken Walk" and sang a few bars when it
didn't ring a bell with me. It stumped me -- I looked it up just now and
find it was 1916 Irving Berlin!

Now *that* doesn't happen every day!

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*