[Dixielandjazz] Flirting With The Audience, now "museum music"

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Sat Jul 6 15:02:32 PDT 2013

"Get people dance on the street, and they will come for more" -- this could
be our motto! :) Fair is fair, street-level playing wouldn't work for every
band, and frankly we wouldn't know what to do with a fancy ballroom, but
takin' it to the streets is what we like to do, and so we can do that
outreach to ignite the youth and a new audience.  We maybe weren't the most
famous performers (even thought we have a street named after us ;), we've
never even been photographed by the paper or mentioned more than in passing
on event PSAs on the radio, we've won no awards and we sure weren't even
the loudest stage sound today, and we didn't get put on the big stage with
the soundman and PA gear, just us on the bare pavement steps of the town
hall, but I'll tell you this: walking up and down the fair afterward, I
shook a lot of grateful hands!

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151559029843722

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*