[Dixielandjazz] Digby Fairweather

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Jul 5 14:17:22 PDT 2013

Marek wrote:

Hi,

I've brouhgt back a bunch of very good CDs, including a double album of

duets by Digby Fairweather (cornet; if you don't know him - shame on you!)

and Stan Baker (piano) on Jazzology.

I am mentioning that album in particular because most of it was recorded by

our listmate Steve Voce.

Cheers

Some years ago, probably in the mid 1980s or so when I was in London, I went to a record store. I purchased a LP by Digby Fairweather. At the time I was doing a jazz radio show in Los Angeles. I bought the LP just so I could say “Digby Fairweather” on the radio. But it turned out to be a very good recording.

-Bob Ringwald