[Dixielandjazz] Talented Pianist Paul Smith dies at 91

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 2 14:25:02 PDT 2013

J McClernan wrote:
> Wasn't Paul Smith the guy who recorded the album, "The Best of Irving Garner"?
> Les Muscutt gave me that years ago and I laughed so hard the tears ran down my leg.

Dear John,
Yes it was.

The Best Of Irving Garner             Verve MGV2078
Irving Garner [Paul Smith] (p), unknown sb and d
Los Angeles. 23 August 1957

  1.                   Tenderly
  2.                   A Pretty Girl Is Like a Melody
                        Always
  3.                   Cumana
  4.                   Beguine The Begine
  5.                   Tea For Tea
                     	You Are Too Beautiful
                  	Have You Met Miss Jones?
                     	Cocktails For Two
  6.               	Clair de Lune
  7.                   My Melancholy Baby
  8.                   Satan Takes A Holiday
  9.                   Tico, Tico
10.                   Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
11.                   Jalousie
12.                   Red Sales In The Sunset
                     	Love In Bloom
                       	Ramona
                 	Too Marvellous For Words
13.                   Danny Boy