[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong - 'Jazz Festival', Nice 1948

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Wed Jan 30 12:52:08 PST 2013

>From February 22 to February 28, 1948, Louis Armstrong and the All Stars played several concerts at the Jazz Festival at Nice.
Jos Willems (in 'All of Me') states (on page 177) "Since the available information is far from complete ... "
This would seem to be confirmed by an LP that I have, viz.: Musidisc (F) 30 JA 5155 -'Integral Nice Concert -1948' Vol. 2, because this disc contains three tracks not named in Willems (nor Tom Lord  2011).
The tracks are:
Basin Street Blues
King Porter Stomp
Chinatown
The remaining nine tracks include all six tracks from the Feb. 28 concert, and three tracks from the two previous concerts.

Bob Smith