[Dixielandjazz] The Melbourne (Australia) Sound

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 27 13:54:45 PST 2013

> Among the related videos I've found the name of a Tony Barnard.  Is he
> in any way related to Bob and Len?  His website proudly proclaims
> "Three generations of Barnard musicians," but does not substantiate
> it!
Yes Marek,

Tony is Bob's son as is drummer Adam. Rebecca (vocalist) is Len's daughter,
and Casey and Beau Golden are Bob's grandsons.  Here are the details of a
CD - the title refers to Len, who had died before the session.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell

THREE GENERATIONS OF BARNARD: Bob Barnard -c; Casey Golden -c, p; Beau
Golden -tb, p; Tony Barnard -g; Stan Valacos -sb; Adam Barnard -d, wb;
Sydney, February,  2006

                   HOW CAN YOU LOSE?
Newmarket NEW-3221

                   GROOVIN' HIGH
Newmarket NEW-3221

                   BERNIE'S TUNE -CGc
Newmarket NEW-3221

                   SPAIN
Newmarket NEW-3221

                   THERE IS NO GREATER LOVE  -CGc
Newmarket NEW-3221

                   I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME
Newmarket NEW-3221

                   YA BIG NONG -ABwd
Newmarket NEW-3221

Rebecca Barnard -v; Bob Barnard -c; Tony Barnard -g.
Sydney, February,  2006

                   I SHOULD CARE
Newmarket NEW-3221

Stan Valacos -sb; Adam Barnard -d added.
Sydney, February,  2006

                   YOU GO TO MY HEAD
Newmarket NEW-3221

Rebecca Barnard -v; Beau Golden -p; Stan Valacos -sb; Adam Barnard -d.
Sydney, February,  2006

                   AT LAST
Newmarket NEW-3221

Bob Barnard -c; Casey Golden -p; Stan Valacos -sb; Adam Barnard -d.
Sydney, February,  2006

                   YESTERDAYS
Newmarket NEW-3221

Album title: HAVING FUN, WISH YOU WERE HERE.