[Dixielandjazz] Django Reinhardt's wartime activites.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 07:15:39 PST 2013

I must admit getting a bit lost while reading the article - it
suddenly changes subjects and mixes issues.  They are all somewhat
connected, but not very clearly organized.
I take exception to the description of "Django's  American Swing Band
- it's far from being as good as the author says.  I have not heard
the Fud Candrix recordings in a long time, but, to the best of my
memory, they are superior to those with teh American band.  The
numbers with the Miller sidemen, on the other hand, are jazz classics!
Cheers