[Dixielandjazz] Billy May Orchestra Personnel

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 12:30:10 PST 2013

Tom Lord's Jazz Discography shows three sessions for recording that album, with three personnel lists:

	Hollywood, CA, June 7, 1956

Conrad Gozzo, John Best, Uan Rasey, Frank Beach (tp) Murray McEachern, Jimmy Priddy, Joe Howard, George Roberts (tb) Arthur "Skeets" Herfurt, Wilbur Schwartz (cl,as) Fred Fallensby (cl,ts) Dave Pell (ts) Chuck Gentry (bar) Bill Miller (p) Al Hendrickson (g) Phil Stephens (b) Irv Cottler (d) Jud Conlon Rhythmaires (vcl) Billy May (ldr,arr)

	Hollywood, CA, August 2, 1956

Mannie Klein, John Best, Uan Rasey, Frank Beach (tp) Si Zentner, Tommy Pederson, Ed Kusby, Murray McEachern (tb) Arthur "Skeets" Herfurt, Wilbur Schwartz (cl,as) Ted Nash, Fred Fallensby (cl,ts) Chuck Gentry (bar) Paul Smith (p) Al Hendrickson (g) Joe Mondragon (b) Alvin Stoller (d) Billy May (ldr,arr)

	Hollywood, CA, August 1956

Mannie Klein, John Best, Uan Rasey, Conrad Gozzo, Ray Triscari (tp) Si Zentner, Joe Howard, Ed Kusby (tb) Arthur "Skeets" Herfurt, Wilbur Schwartz (cl,as) Ted Nash, Fred Fallensby (cl,ts) Chuck Gentry (bar) Paul Smith (p) Al Hendrickson (g) Joe Mondragon (b) Alvin Stoller (d) Billy May (ldr,arr)

Ted Nash was on two of these sessions.  Good ear, Bob.

Roger Wade
Really Old Records.