[Dixielandjazz] FW: Jazz Exhibition

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 21 02:25:35 PST 2013

Ken wrote:
>Your picture of an "exhibition" which fails to tell anything like the real
story is all too familiar.

Ken then goes on to say he has big plans at least for his fellow Scotsmen.
I'm glad my little story drummed up at least one other story.  Perhaps there
are more.

I must admit that, unlike Ken, I am just a complainer on this subject...not
an action man.  There are a few jazz "critics" in Madrid.  Must be some in
Barcelona, also.  However, I know of no one that has taken the time to look
at the complete Spanish scene in an open manner and write anything about it.

"Aha", says someone, then "you (myself) should do it"!  Nope, as it would be
terribly slanted from my vision of only the period from the 1960's to
present, just as other small attempts have been slanted to the writer's
view.

I earlier mentioned "critics".  I remember two of them sitting in the front
row of a small club in Madrid where Kai Winding was performing for a special
one nite gig.  They never once stopped talking to each other...even to the
point of Mr. Winding stopping  his playing once due to the chatter!  So much
for our "experts"!

Jim