[Dixielandjazz] GREAT TUNE-we've been there before!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:00:34 PST 2013

Gee, Bob,
This reminds me of A Jane Gwinn's gig in some London Pizza Parlour.
A few minutes after the band finished the "ST. Louis Blues," someone
requested the "St. Louis Blues."  We have just played it, said Ms.
Gwinn.  We'll dot again, adn this time we'll do it right."  But taht
was easier said than done.  The person whe had requested the song
unceremoniously escorted a lady to the bandstand, she took the mike
without asking permission - and your song tells the rest of the story.
 There was indeed a lot of applause and merriment- all from the group
whch came with the lady in question, and sounded as if all of its
members had imbibed more than they could hold.  Luckily, she did leave
the stage, and the rest of the evening was quite enjoyable.
By the way, whatever happened to Jane Gwinn?
Cheers