[Dixielandjazz] FW: Disavowing our Dixieland Roots

frank selman frank_selman at live.nl
Tue Jan 15 15:26:23 PST 2013

From: frank_selman at live.nl
To: jim.allen at longhornband.net
Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] Disavowing our Dixieland Roots
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 00:06:42 +0100

I  think Jim Allen hit the right note on a never ending
discussion:

Enjoy it, preserve it while we can and be glad.

I approached  Bob Helm on the same subject in 1995 in Bradenton,
during the fabulous Festivals organised by Robin Wetterau
in Florida: *
Here is the opinion of Bob Helm:
"The music will die its own rightful death".
He is right but I still resist.

Frank Selman.