[Dixielandjazz] Tour Start idea - Stan Kenton Alumni Band

vaxtrpts at aol.com vaxtrpts at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 12:16:28 PST 2013

I know this isn't really "dixieland," but it certainly is working to keep more "traditonal" forms of jazz music alive. (Big Band..........)  Friends of Big Band Jazz has donated over $60,000 to music education and to help musicians in need.

http://www.bigbandjazz.net/TOUR_START_PAGE.html

Many ofyou know about fundraising entities on the internet to help the arts.  The main one has you put a monetary goal assomething to reach and if you don’t reach that level, you get nothing.  Well, we have decided with Friends of BigBand Jazz to instigate our own “TOUR START FUND.”   There is no limit or “target” amount.  Just whatever we can raise to help our cause.

As manyof you know, we tour at least one time a year with the Stan Kenton Alumni Bandand 95% of all our engagements are in high schools and colleges, in keepingwith Stan’s commitment to jazz education. In these hard economic times, schools just can’t afford to bring in abig band such as ours, but they would LOVE to have us in to work with theirstudents.  Any school that books the bandfor an evening concert gets a FREE afternoon clinic from the whole band.  We also have their school band open for us atthe concert.

So, weare asking for your support to make our 2013 tour the most successfulever.  Our tour dates are April 8 – 23and we do already have our anchor dates in place and we are working hard tofill in the rest of the dates.  With yourhelp, we can make the band even more available financially for these schools.

Also, wewill be recording again on this tour.  Wewill be glad to send a CD to any of you who donate at least $30.  We will, of course accept any donation nomatter how small.  We would love to havesome larger donations as well.  Everydollar will help us toward our goal of bringing Stan Kenton’s music andcreativity and dedication to education, to young people.  Anyone donating at least $100 will have theirname in our tour program as a Tour Supporter.

We hopeto create new audiences for big band music in addition to entertaining peoplewho are already big band fans.
 Donations are tax-deductible, aswe are a 501c3 Nonprofit Corporation.

You can donate with your credit card at: