[Dixielandjazz] The Melbourne (Australia) Sound

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 8 14:03:50 PST 2013

Dear Listmates,
Hot off the press and just uploaded to YouTube, this great program of early Australian jazz may be of interest to a few of you.
It was prepared by an old friend, pianist Nick Ribush, and includes recordings by musician jazzmates I grew up with in my hometown of Melbourne.
The hour-long musical session, taken from a DVD, also includes photograhs sourced from the Victorian Jazz Archive so the whole package was a nostalgic trip for me.
Oz expat, Dr. Nicholas Ribush of the Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive in Lincoln MA. USA has done a wonderful job with the musical and photographic compilation:
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNf7j-2MvTE&feature=youtu.be
Very kind regards,
Bill.