[Dixielandjazz] OVER HERE

Brian Gail briangail at kinect.co.nz
Tue Jan 1 14:55:06 PST 2013

Hi Robert     Over here  is New Zealand   and yes Jazz of the early type gets a poor response from Festival organisers  here as well
                     We have a Festival that has been going for 50 years and back when it started and through to the 70s we had a variety of jazz styles
                     Dixieland , Main Stream  , big bands  and Bop and a very popular youth band competition. This was all started by a group of
                     jazz  enthusiasts  but in recent times due to the fact it became to big was taken over by promoters  and like many Festivals overseas
                     has had to include a wider variety of music, although after many moans last yrar there is a possibility  of it reverting back to
                     what it used to be like     Lets hope so

                  Regards Brian  Geoghan