[Dixielandjazz] Moving cassette to CD, MP3 etc.

Snogpitch snogpitch at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 11:15:01 PST 2013

Sometimes the quality of the tape comes into play as well. But if you've been listening to a crummy tape all these years why change?  I've been using a simple cable setup for a few years now.

I've been converting some of my tapes that I wish to share with friends that I personally recorded. Commercial recordings I usually opt for searching for an already digitally mastered edition. I still have the equipment to play my collections of LPs and cassettes.

Here is an example of a recording I took from AM radio over 30 years ago. The quality wasn't that high but it gave the original DJ pleasure to hear it again since he had no copy of it.
http://home.fuse.net/snogpitch/ou/WLHD-21.mp3

I've probably recorded nearly 30 hours of various recordings not available anywhere else over the years, and that's just a tip of my entire collection.   Some of those are pretty high quality, others rather poor quality. I considered the one of a kind recordings to have been rescued before they completely vanish due to deterioration.

Snogpitch

ICQ: 4989342