[Dixielandjazz] All Star Put Down

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Feb 24 09:15:07 PST 2013

I no longer have the original All Star put down post so can’t comment on any specific comment that was made. However, I say, IMO, the post was negative and unnecessary.

After all, the name of a band is in part meant to capture the interest of the general public.

Who really cares if a band calls themselves an All Star Band? The public certainly doesn’t.

Perhaps this post, seemingly coming out of nowhere, was pointed at the gigs we do at Nick’s in Pacifica Aprox once a month.

Scott Anthony heads up the band. It is not his Golden Gate Rhythm Machine band. Four of the members of the band are band leaders in their own right. So instead of using his band name, he chose Bay Area All Stars. So what?

IMO, modestly excluding myself, the members of the band are the cream of the crop of Trad musicians in the SF Bay area. This is not to say that there aren’t other really good Trad musicians in the area – There certainly are. But the musicians on this Nick’s gig certainly are some of the best.

Bob Schulz, cornet; Scott Anthony, banjo guitar; Jim Maihack, trombone; Robert Young, bass sax; yours truly piano and the great pat yankee, vocals.

BTW- We will be at Nick’s Restaurant, Rock Away Beach, Pacifica CA, Monday March 18, 6:30 – 9:30 PM.

Ya’ll come…

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.”
Harry S. Truman, 33rd President B: 5/8/1884 – d: 12/26/1972.