[Dixielandjazz] Eighth Street Orchestra kicks off the 2013 Lupercalia Festival

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Mon Feb 18 12:24:45 PST 2013

Should anyone be curious what sort of jazz you can get from 13-14 year old
bandsmen, here's a clip hot off my youtubes of my Eighth Street Orchestra
getting the party started at the Night Market segment of Owen Sound's
annual Lupercalia Winter Multi-Arts Festival -- we maybe weren't main-stage
at the gala premier over at the Roxy Theatre, but for the home-grown
atmosphere of folks and kids and crafts and food out at the old Farmers
Market building on a Saturday early evening, we were spot on for getting
the whole event underway in a hot jazz style.

We also hadn't played together since New Years Eve, so it was kind of like
trying to restrain the mounted horses in their stalls at a Derby and keep
them under control until the starting gates open on a cut-time count :)

hope you enjoy it, and no, I don't guarantee any of my stage pratter to be
any more particularly historically accurate than our renditions, but we do
have a fun time doing it

http://youtu.be/ecezVZmV8bo

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*