[Dixielandjazz] The Big 18

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 18 03:35:46 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marek Boym"

 Re: "Hors d'Oeuvre"

>  It would not have
> oddurred to me that American RCA would salute a British bandleader.
> Cheers

You are right Marek. I wasn't happy about that either, but Sid Phillips'
1949 recording was the only version I had ever heard AND I had always
believed he actually wrote it ......... WRONG AGAIN DINGO !! It was composed
by a David Comer. From a bit of web trawling it would seem Brit band leader
Ambrose also recorded it. So did Billy May, so that's most likely the reason
for its inclusion on the RCA issue.

Exits stage left feeling a bit of a twerp !!
~~
John D